Tuesday, July 3, 2018

IWSG: July 2018

{Note to followers: if you want an email when a new post goes up, go the right column and subscribe for emails. Thanks.}

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds! Co-Hosts: Nicki Elson, Juneta Key, Tamara Narayan, and Patricia Lynne!


Questions: What are your ultimate writing goals, and how have they changed over time (if at all)?

Answer:
Ah! The question everyone asks and really doesn't understand if they don't write. ;-)
I do hope to finish my Women's Fiction MOTHER'S DAY and possibly its sequel--FRIENDLY FIRE--but at the moment I'm dealing with many family and personal issues. If they are finished, I'll self-publish. I know in the past I hunted an agent and a contract, but personal issues make that dream a bit daunting. I know my needs have changed. I have no deadlines, no conferences, no queries, and no pitches lined up and don't expect to. 

My needs have changed based on my health. It's a good feeling to take the stress off and just enjoy writing again. 

Here's to us all! Writers through thick and thin.

Next post: Why the July Book Pusher post, of course!

8 comments:

  1. Good for you taking the stress off. This life isn't about how big we can go, but that we have joy along the way. I'm looking forward to your releases, whenever they happen. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a hard worker, Zan Marie. You'll make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't need the stress so don't deal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something to be said for taking a relaxed pace and respecting your own limits. I wish you happy writing in July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We dream, we plan, we readjust and start again. The right path is the path you choose to take. I look forward to hearing about how it unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Health has affect my goals somewhat too, but we adjust, change and keep moving forward. Anything you do counts. Great post. Happy IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that the family and personal issues are on the way to being resolved.
    My main goal is to keep the element of fun in my writing. Health is definitely a number one priority.
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete

To use Facebook or Twitter sign in, select Name/URL. Add your name and the URL of your homepage for Facebook or Twitter...and comment. Thanks for coming by!