|Insecure Writers Support Group|
Co-Hosts: Christine Rains, Dolarah @ Book Lover Ellen @ The Cynical Sailor Yvonne Ventresca LG Keltner
What are your pet peeves when reading/ writing/ editing?
1. Having to edit out And, But, Now, Well, and Oh at the beginning of nearly every dialogue line. You'd think that by now, I'd stop clearing my rhetorical throat.
2. Editing every book I read. Again, you'd think I'd understand that I can't affect the page I'm reading after it's published. (Worse yet--rereading my own published things. Oh. My. Goodness!)
3. Twiddling my pen/keyboard for hours for four measly little words. I'd be happy with ten. Nah! Don't you even think it.
4. Since I draft in the pantsing style, I find editing threads together to be a bit on the onerous side. Unfortunately, I'm a bit stuck in this style. Though, I will read Lisa Cron's STORY GENIUS as I draft the next novel. I think...
5. Having to cut really great scenes because of # 4. Sigh.
What are your pet peeves in this great game of wordsmithing?
Once again, I apologize for not getting around to other IWSG blogs. Chronic Pain and Fatigue is a nasty taskmaster.
Links:Must Read: "The Two Demons of Despair"--I can't think of a better link for IWSG!
"You're Aren't Lazy--You're Just Terrified"--Great article that explains so much!
"7 Tips to Help you Write When You Don't Feel Like It"--Another great article!
"What is the Theme of a Your Story?"--This one is super helpful!
"How to Write in Deep POV + get into the mind of your character" is another excellent link.
And here's a big dose of truth about writing--"Writing Through Life's Stages"