My personal one might sound a bit grandiose, but then, what are wishes for but the amazing, far-reaching dreams.
- World Peace--Yes, it's an old chestnut, but that doesn't make it any less true.
- Understanding for All--It's a corollary to the first. In fact, it made be the method to achieve the first. For when we truly understand the reality of each other, we can find common ground and common steps for achieving peace.
- Health and Well Being--Since I have some major chronic problems that get in the way of my writing, I'd love to solve them. Like I said in the intro, my wishes are a bit on the grandiose side and this one is no less hard to accomplish than the first two.
- A finished semi-polished manuscript--I'm nearing this wish and can see the finish line.
- A query letter that shows my manuscript off to its best advantage--This is a bit of a wild wish. Queries are another type of writing that I'll have to learn from the ground up.
- A series of synopses in varying lengths--Like the query, writing a synopsis is a new step for me, one that is necessary, but daunting. How would you like to tell you book-length story in one, two, three, or five-pages? Let's just say, I'm not looking forward to it. My first attempt showed me that I was trying to cobble two stories into one. What dangers lurk in the next attempt?
- An agent who gets my vision for MOTHER'S DAY, and sees the perfect market for it. I have to achieve the queries and synopses to get to this wish.
What about you? Do you have a few wild and wonderful wishes? Care to share? ;-)
Next Week: A Merry Christmas Poem!