Wednesday, January 3, 2018

IWSG: January & Links!

{Note to followers: if you want an email when a new post goes up, go the right column and subscribe for emails. Thanks.}

Insecure Writers Support Group
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds! Co-Hosts: Tyrean Martinson, The Cynical Sailor, Megan Morgan, Rachna Chhabria, and Jennifer Lane.

Question:
What steps have you taken to put a schedule in place for your writing and publishing?

I don't have a schedule for my writing at the moment. Sometimes, Real Life throws you an unhittable curve ball. That's where I am at the moment. My momma (yes, I know all about the formal "mother", but my mother is Momma and always will be) needs serious heart surgery. She still has a lot of steps to take before that happens. I'm her chauffer,  scheduler, and main care giver. Only, I'm not as able as I used to be. I've been having to share the load, but I'm still the crew chief. 

Something had to give, and my writing was the main item that could. Momma is the person who taught me to love words, stories, and writing. It's only fitting that her care comes first at this time.

Happy writing to you all! Keep us in your prayers.

Guest Blog Visit:
Be sure to check out Tam May's The Dream Book Blog on January 24 for my guest visit. 

Links:
Next Post: Why, the ever popular Book Pusher for January! See you then! ;-)

15 comments:

  1. Ah, Z-M, that's hard. I'm glad you're able to be there for your Momma, and I'll pray for her speedy recovery--and for your strength and peace in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother comes first! Take care of her and prayers the surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear your momma needs heart surgery. I am sending prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about momma. I've been through that with my hubs and yes, it takes all you've got. Wishing you both Godspeed for recovery. And thanks for the great links!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for you and your mother. I'm in a similar juggling act from both ends, however it's currently less weighted on my 93-year-old father and more on my 37-year-old daughter with mental illness and her 22-month-old toddler, who live with hubby and me. Life is always a challenge, and I am amazed that books ever get published at all. Family first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth. How do we write at all. Thanks for the wishes, Cathy

      Delete
  6. Good luck with Momma and with finding time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Care taking can be so draining. Anyone who hasn't experienced it doesn't realize the emotional strain, say nothing about the physical one. I'm wishing you peace and daily moments just for you through this season.

    ReplyDelete

To use Facebook or Twitter sign in, select Name/URL. Add your name and the URL of your homepage for Facebook or Twitter...and comment. Thanks for coming by!