|Insecure Writers Support Group|
What steps have you taken to put a schedule in place for your writing and publishing?
I don't have a schedule for my writing at the moment. Sometimes, Real Life throws you an unhittable curve ball. That's where I am at the moment. My momma (yes, I know all about the formal "mother", but my mother is Momma and always will be) needs serious heart surgery. She still has a lot of steps to take before that happens. I'm her chauffer, scheduler, and main care giver. Only, I'm not as able as I used to be. I've been having to share the load, but I'm still the crew chief.
Something had to give, and my writing was the main item that could. Momma is the person who taught me to love words, stories, and writing. It's only fitting that her care comes first at this time.
Happy writing to you all! Keep us in your prayers.
Guest Blog Visit:
Be sure to check out Tam May's The Dream Book Blog on January 24 for my guest visit.
- Jane Friedman on "How to Find a Literary Agent for Your Book"
- Food for thought on our obsession with bestsellers: "The Year in Best-sellers"
- Another good article from Jane Friedman: "Is it Fair Use? Seven Questions to Ask Before Using Copyrighted Material"
- All of us here at IWSG know about this one: "The Power of a Writing Group for Publishing Success"
- I think we all need this article: "Writing About Emotional Trauma Without Triggering Readers"
- "Why Write Fiction in 2017?" and I dare say, 2018 too.
Next Post: Why, the ever popular Book Pusher for January! See you then! ;-)