Tuesday, May 17, 2016

May Links--I promise they're good!

{Note to followers: if you want an email when a new post goes up, go the left column and subscribe for emails. Thanks.}

Source

I have a bumper crop of links for you this month. Enjoy!

If you've ever wondered why there are so many romance and women's fiction titles released, "Why Do Women Read More Novels than Men?" 

Do you procrastinate? No, really. There's a reason. "Why Procrastinators Procrastinate" has the answer. Don't put this on of--Read it now! ;-)

If you think that there's a lot to learn in order to write a novel, don't think you're done once you write "the end." Orly Konig-Lopez has the truth about how steep the learning curve can be after you sell your books in "3 Things I Wish I'd Known Before Selling".

Speaking of things you need to learn as you write: Chuck Palahniuk has a great post of "Thought Verbs" and how to eradicate them.

Are you confused about the difference in Upmarket and Commercial fiction? You're not alone. Thank goodness for Amy Sue Nathan's post--"The Difference Between Literary, Upmarket, and Commercial Fiction."

I hope you found a link that made you think or grin. I want your input on the "Link Worthiness" of these. Which one was the best?
Next Week: New Friends and Old

12 comments:

  1. Always helpful, Zan Marie!! Thanks for harvesting the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, Cathy! I aim to please and enlighten...or at least amuse. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Those are some epic links. I'm afraid you've derailed my productivity a little longer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! And maybe aided your future productivity, too. ;-)

      Delete
  3. There's a lot that look interesting here. I'm already so far behind in my word count today I'll just toss it all aside and read these instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far be it for me to derail your words, Sara! At least, these are link-worthy. I think. ;-)

      Delete
  4. Love the Thought Verbs article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, you're not kidding, those are some great links. I just opened all of them to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuck's advice is awesome.

    As for Konig-Lopez, I'm sorry, but from my pov, agonising about my jacket photo sounds like a wonderful problem to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but it's fun to think about, isn't it?

      Delete

To use Facebook or Twitter sign in, select Name/URL. Add your name and the URL of your homepage for Facebook or Twitter...and comment. Thanks for coming by!