- I've written 14,000 words
- Learned who Alex Singer is (more on that in a bit)
- Gotten way behind on my awards (see below)
- And submitted "Tea With My Inner Editor" to a magazine. Keep your fingers crossed.
When we started two weeks ago, I knew that Alex Singer was the son of Mack Singer and Sandra Roberts, that she never told Mack about Alex, that he showed up in Mack's life shortly after he marries Laura Grace, and then deploys to Afghanistan. I knew he would have TBI and come to live with my Cherry Hill family with all the problems of integrating a new family member with disabilities. I'd written no scenes with Alex in them. Now I know who he is, how he will respond to the care and love of his family, how hard it will be to accept his condition and learn to live again. Not to mention that he will learn to love as well. With all the revelations I've learned, I can mine how Alex will learn to accept love, give love, heal, and realize he is still the young man who was willing to die for his country.
~~Seriously Cute Blogger and Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award
Thanks to Deniz, one of my House Party buddies, I have two new awards.
Seriously Cute--I need to list five books/ TV programs/ films I've experienced in the last twelve months. Are you kidding? Only five? I thought I'd do five authors instead:
~~Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy
~~Lois McMaster Bujold's Challion trilogy
~~Catherine Asaro's Skolian Empire series (13 books)
~~Sara Gruen's Water for Elephants
~~Sue Monk Kidd's The Secret Life of Bees
There are others, but I'll stop at five.
Irresistibly Sweet--I need to list seven random facts
- Max has started barking at the rotating photos I use for my screen saver--especially when one of him and Casey pops up.
- When my momma, sister, and I went on a long ride together in June, we discussed our old boyfriends. Really. It was fun, too.
- We put our huge Norfolk Island Pine on the deck for the summer. It's secretly a transformer. When wet, it's conical shaped and when dry, its cantilevered limbs lift again.
- I've picked up four new followers lately. Thank you!
- I'm about 60% done with the rough draft of FRIENDLY FIRE. ; )
- It's too hot! We've had 24 days of 90+ degrees in June. July is following in line with the possibility of triple digits next week.
- My husband has washed and waxed both the car and truck in the last two days.
~~Now to pass on these awards:
Here's the people who have commented on my last blog post:
And the lovely Charlotte Rains Dixon who I owe for "Tea With My Inner Editor"
Have a great day, everyone! ; )